Sunday, June 24, 2007

Finally in NYC!!!!

Okay, okay. So, I haven't even made a second posting in my blog until today, but at least I can finally say that I am back in NYC. I arrived on May 13th, Mother's Day, because when I purchased my plane ticket I wasn't thinking. It obviously would have been a smarter move to have waited a day or two, but I really couldn't wait a day longer.

After having spent four long months in Denver, Colorado (and before that 6 months in Guadalajara, Mexico), I decided that the time to move back to the Big Apple couldn't wait. I moved out of New York last June 29th and didn't last even a year outside of NYC. I tell anyone who asks about my time away from New York and always respond that I learned more about what I don't want to do with my life than what I do want to do. The only thing that I did come to realize with absolute certainty is that I definitely want to be here in NY.

The experience of being back in New York City is incredible. To know where everything is, to have old friends to reach out to and mostly to be in a place where you feel you belong makes me extremely happy. In the month and a half that I have been back, I have taken a walking tour of the garment district, attended a book signing and reading by Dave Zirin (where I was also able to meet Chuck D, been back to Astoria to visit an old teacher friend and gotten to know lower Manhattan due to my most fortutious situation of living in my brother's corporate apartment.

The best time to be in New York is the summer time, which will be in my next post...

1 comment:

30somethingNYC said...

Where did you go? I had to use 30somethingnyc.blogspot.com. ;-)